TV Programme

Hi dearest readers,

today we're going to take a look at a TV program, or rather an American animated TV series, that I used to watch a lot when I was young. It's called Scooby-doo and the Mysterious Associates. 

What's it about?

This anime recounts the adventures of a group of friends made up of four teenagers and a talking dog: Scooby-doo - Fred Jones - Daphne Blake - Vilma Dinfley and Shaggy Rogers. This group of friends will travel the world in a magnificent van called "The Mystery Machine". Come to think of it, the name of the car hasn't been translated into French! Which means you can understand English from a very early age.

If I remember correctly, I started watching this TV program at a very young age, at least 7. It was broadcast on Wednesday mornings. Being a non-problematic series: not too violent, not too sexist or not too racist (although at that age it's hard to tell the difference or notice), my parents let me watch it easily.

Looking back on it now, I still remember it quite vividly! I really liked the character of Scooby-doo and Vilma. For me, Vilma was the symbol of an independent, intelligent woman who solved puzzles. As for Daphne, in retrospect, she was far too much the futile, well-groomed woman who paid attention to her appearance. Like Daphne, Fred was, in my memory, far too much a representation of the virile, space-grabbing man who had to save everyone. 

It's funny that at that age I was already able to take a step back from the scenario. 

Enough of the negatives. I watched this TV series because it was very entertaining. Despite this, it was very easy to immerse myself in the story and identify with one or more of the characters (the profiles were quite diverse). It mixed suspense, friendship, humor, adventure and investigation - what could be better! What's more, the epidodes were 20 minutes long, so quite short. They were also each independent, with no logical sequence, so if you didn't have time to see one, it didn't matter. 

What's more, at the end of each episode and after defeating the supernatural or ghostly forces, the explanation always remained rational. The scenarios remain at least plausible.

So much for the mysterious Scooby-Doo stories!

See you next week !!



Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

About last weekend

Family meal - Elena

More than a Friendship