Family meal - Elena

 Hi Fau Bloggers,

Today I will talk about a family dinner which took place 2 years ago. 

To begin with, I don't really have a big family like some people might have. So for me one of my biggest family event was with "just" eleven people.

We were in Spain, in my grandparents house. The whole family reunited ! or just the one on my mother's side. The villa is located in "Calonge", Costa Brava, Cataluna. If you don't see it's near Gerona or Barcelona. The house is big enough to accomodate everyone, plus the dog ! 

It was also a symbolic moment. First because it's been a long time since we all got together. This part of my family is the international type : my oncle and aunt live in Saudi Arabia, My big cousine moved to Mexico, my other cousine is in Barcelona and the last cousine in Rouen (France). Not to mention my grandparents who spend six months in France and then six months in Spain. As for my parents is more easy because they didn't moved from France. Then it was an importante moment for all the family. Because that was the last time we saw my grandparents house in Spain.

Concerning the meal: It was Christmas dinner the december 25 at noon.  We all participate to the preparation. Some were in charge of setting the table, others of cooking the meal and the rest of making the crowd laugh and playing music. It was so fun and pleasant to spend finally time together.

I don't clearlly remember the menu but I think we started with the famous Franco-spanish aperitif, typical of the family Del Pozo. Then we ate "Hachis parmentier" (typical french dish with potatoes and minced meat, onions, gqrlic and milk) with a salad. And finally, the master piece. My mother's famous cakes : "Framboisier", "Tarte à la pomme et chantilly maison" and " Fraisier". 

And then we shared and offered the gifts ! Best moment ever !

So a perfect moement, full of memories and love.







Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

About last weekend

More than a Friendship